Reporting to the President, the Director of Advancement is responsible for identifying and developing strategic partnerships and opportunities that will advance FNU’s mission. This includes coordinating relationship building to raise the profile and involvement of UNF in the advanced practice midwifery and nursing profession, among peer institutions, among aligned nonprofits. the mission in the academic field and with high-level people or stakeholders. The Director of Advancement works closely with the President to plan and implement a fundraising strategy to build the endowment and raise funds for the organization’s budget in accordance with the mission and objective of the FNU. Key responsibilities include designing and implementing the comprehensive annual fundraising plan, creating and implementing the UNF strategic communications and marketing plan, and serving as a member of the President’s cabinet. This position leads a team responsible for the following advancement functions: development, alumni relations, external affairs, grant management, marketing and the FNU messaging program.
This position has direct management responsibility and oversight of the Advancement Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and implement, monitor and refine, in collaboration with the President and advancement staff, strategic organizational initiatives to achieve revenue goals, cultivate new perspectives and increase overall funding. Identify, pursue and cultivate strategic relationships and partnerships with individuals and entities designed to advance the mission and vision of FNU.
- Coordinates relationship building to raise the profile and involvement of UNF in the advanced practice midwifery and nursing profession, among peer institutions, and among mission-aligned nonprofits in the academia, and with high-level individuals or stakeholders.
Develop and implement donor management strategies, including the management of major organizational donations and the proven donor program.
- Manage the organization’s donor pipeline, including identifying, qualifying, cultivating and soliciting major gift leads for UNF fundraising priorities and overseeing the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities of others, while providing timely reports on activities.
Use best practices to oversee the planning, coordination and implementation of all annual, special and capital fundraising activities, including events and programs, committee meetings, marketing and reporting ‘step, in order to achieve fundraising goals. Get major, capital and planned gifts, as well as advanced annual giving and endowment support. Oversee federal and private grant programs, including research, proposals, grant administration and reports. Manage the direction and coordination of relations with the Board of Directors, in particular by collaborating on sponsorships and associated fundraising activities. Create and lead the planned giving program, including preparing direct and planned giving proposals, developing marketing materials and creating reports. Responsible for the overall budget of the Advancement Office. Work with the Executive Vice President of Finance and Facilities to identify and organize component and gift classification, reporting and overall database optimization. Oversee the messaging program coordinator by helping to guide the annual messaging program plan and developing strategies for involving former messengers in the work of FNU. Oversees the creation and implementation of FNU’s strategic marketing and communications plan, including print and digital communications, email marketing and social media. In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, develop and implement strategies to position Frontier Nursing University as a leader in distance learning for advanced practice nursing and midwifery and demonstrate the impact of graduates on the communities they serve. Oversee the design, production and distribution of annual reports, newsletters, direct mail, marketing materials, signage and other marketing materials. Oversee public relations functions including management of contract PR / media professionals and development of key messages. Serve as a member of the President’s cabinet participating in the institutional planning of the UNF with an emphasis on the development of programs that strengthen the profile and financial resources of the UNF. Serve as the advancement liaison with the Board of Directors and the Advancement Committee. Actively participate in the advancement profession to keep Frontier visible among peer higher education institutions. Adhere to elements of the mutual aid culture Provide service to the University through activities such as participation in the shared governance of the UNF (e.g. committees, working groups), activities sponsored by FNU (eg charity campaigns, community awareness activities) and / or service to the profession (eg presentations, work of the organizing committee of the profession). Engage the anti-racism objective of the FNU in all activities. Act periodically as the representative of the FNU in an official capacity. Other relevant and appropriate tasks assigned.
Skills / abilities required
- Demonstrated ability to create a culture of philanthropy within an organization. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to maintain relationships. Proficiency in the organization and prioritization of tasks in a rapidly changing environment;
- Knowledge of customer service.
- Additional experience in fundraising, donor relations and marketing.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution required, Masters preferred. Ten (10) years of experience in non-profit fundraising with in-depth knowledge of fundraising principles. Supervisor experience of a 3+ department and external consultants. Experience working with donor database and reporting software.
- Master’s degree from an accredited higher education institution preferably.
- Higher education fundraising experience.
- Graduate diploma or complementary professional certification.
This position reports directly to the President of the FNU.
This position will work primarily in Versailles, KY and is eligible for remote work. Some evening and weekend work is required. Travel within and outside the requested State.