Each of us has downloaded several applications in our lifetime, whether on our PC or smartphone. Well, statistics say that there are over 299 billion downloadable apps in the world. Indeed, it is impossible to remember them all.
Have you recently received a new phone? Or mistakenly deleted the app you like? Sometimes we even download random games for fun but eventually delete them. Later, we forget their names and fail to retrieve them.
You are probably here to find a method of viewing your previously downloaded apps. So, is there really a way to see our deleted items? Luckily, every device has a feature that helps us access and re-download our apps lost.
So even if you had installed programs on your old phones, you will be able to view them on your new device. Also, no matter how many times you delete them, you will be able to use these apps again.
View previously downloaded apps on mobile phones
Users can see the previously downloaded apps on the official stores of their respective smartphones. Here we introduce how you can access it on different mobile operating systems.
On Android phones
If we need our previously downloaded apps on Android, we don’t have to worry. Interestingly, all the apps we used are kept in a library on Google Play Store. So it is quite easy to access it again.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to view your old downloaded apps on an Android device:
- Open play store on your Android phone.
- Click on your profile icon located in the upper right corner of the window.
- Choose the correct Google account to view associated apps.
- Then select Manage apps and device. Here you will find two options – Preview and Manage.
- Now click on the second choice – Manage.
- Initially, the Play Store displays the apps currently installed on your device. To check previously downloaded programs, select the scrolling menu.
- Choose the Not installed option. You will now see all the apps that you had previously downloaded and not currently installed on your device.
After viewing your old apps, you can perform various actions. First, you can check what’s new in the app since you left. To do this, simply click the down arrow button.
In addition, you have the option to see only the games. To do this, simply click on the Game button next to the drop-down menu.
Additionally, you can sort apps by name or installation date. To perform this action, click the menu and select Name or Recently Added.
Simply check the app and click the delete icon to remove it from your library. Or, you can select the download icon to reinstall it on your Android device.
Like Android, iPhone App Store also contains a library consisting of the history of all our downloaded applications. Here are the basic steps to view your previously installed programs on your iPhone:
- First of all, open your App Store and log into the right account whose apps you want to view.
- Select your profile icon in the upper right corner of your iPhone screen.
- Then select Bought. This will take you to a window of all apps downloaded using your Apple ID.
- Well, there are two options available. You can either select the All tab to see the whole library. Otherwise, you can choose the Not on this iPhone to view apps that are not installed on your current device.
Interestingly, the iPhone also provides a search box. With this feature, you can directly search for the desired application.
To reinstall an app, tap the download button directly. Since you have already downloaded this program, you do not need to provide a password again.
Well, deleting one of the apps can be tricky. To do this, press and hold the app for about a second. Now click on Hide. This will permanently remove the program from your library.
On Windows Phone
As in Android and iOS, we can preview previously downloaded apps on Windows phone. Previously, this feature was not available because we had to visit a mobile or desktop browser to verify our purchases.
Now, Microsoft has introduced the feature to view our older products on the Microsoft Store. Follow these basic instructions on your Windows Phone to see your previously downloaded apps:
- Open Windows Store on your device and make sure you are signed in to the correct account.
- Click on your profile icon which is right next to the search bar.
- Now find and select My library. This will direct you to a window containing all of your downloaded programs.
- To view your previously installed apps, click Display all.
Well, the apps on top are compatible with your current device. This does not mean that you cannot check apps that are not compatible with the device. Usually these programs are at the bottom and you won’t have the option to reinstall them.
See previously downloaded apps on PC
The display of previously downloaded applications on a PC is almost identical to that on mobile devices. This section will cover the step by step guide on how you can view your deleted item on Windows and macOS.
On Windows 11
Viewing old applications on a PC is as easy as on mobile phones. With the help of Windows Microsoft Storewe can view and reinstall our favorite programs in no time.
Here we provide simple steps to help you learn how you can see previously downloaded apps on Windows 11:
- In the Windows taskbar, click the Start button.
- To research Microsoft store. You can search for it manually or just type in the search bar to quickly access the app.
- Make sure you are logged into your account once the store window opens. If someone else is using the store, you won’t be able to see your old apps.
- Click on the Library icon present on the left side of your screen. This will show all the apps you have ever downloaded/purchased on Windows.
- Scroll down to check previously downloaded apps. Typically, apps currently installed on your device are at the top of the list.
In Microsoft Store, you can even check when you purchased the item. Moreover, you can even update and modify the applications.
Unfortunately, there is no functionality to delete an item from the library.
It doesn’t matter if you deleted your items or installed them on another Apple device. Through the Mac App Store, it helps us view the entire download history. Read these instructions to see previously downloaded apps on your Mac:
- First, run your Application store.
- Click on the Purchased icon. This window lists all the apps that you have ever downloaded from Mac’s online store.
- These applications having a Install button are your previously downloaded apps. You can redownload them by pressing the button.
In the past, none of the operating systems provided a feature to download an app used on our old device. Plus, we had to remember each app and redownload it.
Now it doesn’t matter if we format our devices or buy a new one. We can easily download our old apps as they are stored in our account library.
Can I see the installation date of an app uninstalled using the Play Store?
Android has not yet introduced a feature to check the installation date of an uninstalled app. However, we can see the install date on both Windows and iOS. To do this, open the library where you can see all your previously downloaded apps.
How to find the history of previously installed apps outside the Play Store?
Well, there is no inbuilt feature available to view the history of previously installed apps outside of the Google Play Store. However, you can use various third-party services to track your apps on your Android device.
However, the registration does not start until the third-party tool is installed on your mobile phone. This means that you will not be able to check the history of your previously installed apps.
Can you see previously downloaded apps on Sidequest?
To see previously uploaded apps on Sidequest, follow these basic steps:
- Make sure you are logged in to your Sidequest account.
- Now click on the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Below Games and apps, select Library. All of your purchased items, including previously downloaded apps, are available here.
However, these steps are only valid for Android devices.