Authoritarian. is a Melbourne-based copywriting studio that specializes in tone of voice development, website copy, digital content, social copy and anything with words in it. When we’re not writing copy, we can be found chatting at The Bossy. Type in podcast, and teach our course, Bossy. Copy College.
We also welcome the Bossy. Supergroup, which is really just a fun way of saying we’re a team of freelance strategists, writers, and editors – each with an individual writing style, a certain writing skill or specialty, or a lot of experience in a particular sector.
What we need:
We are looking for a marketing assistant who can help Bossy. Take it to the next level with course sign-ups, mailing list building, podcasting, and other smart strategies.
Heads up !! This role is currently 5-10 hours per week (negotiable + flexible for the right person) and would suit a freelancer or marketing entrepreneur. You are welcome to work remotely or from our brand new office in Cremorne. Melbourne-based candidates are preferred, but not essential!
These smart pants will:
- Hold a degree, diploma or similar degree in marketing/communications
- Come armed with at least 3 years of experience as a marketer, preferably in a creative studio, service business, or freelance environment
- Bring a wealth of knowledge and proven results on email marketing/list building, podcasting, social media, business development and other areas of marketing
- Be a ready-made thinker and able to implement creative strategies that suit the Bossy. brand, while respecting the KPIs
- Score bonus points if you’re comfortable with Facebook ad strategy and management
- Get comfortable fitting in with Bossy’s confident and cheeky tone of voice. when communicating via email/DM (we recommend reading our website + social captions to get an idea.)
- Thrive by working alone and in a team
- Have an energetic attitude and a proactive nature – you are driven by results and take ownership of your role
- Possess all the usual must-haves, specifically: spectacular time management, attention to detail, written + verbal communication, and (obviously, but here we go) spelling and grammar skills
What you will do:
The short answer: you will be an assistant or a creative marketer who will help Bossy. level up and achieve our crazy goals. The long answer:
- Produce a marketing plan adapted to Bossy. + manage/run this in progress
- Email: Develop and implement tactics to grow Bossy’s email list. and help with content ideas
- Podcast: Create outreach templates, research shows, and host interviews and collaborations
- Courses: Create strategies to promote the course to a wider audience and get more enrollments each month
- Social networks: participate in the dissemination on social networks
- Facebook Ads: Ideally, you will have some knowledge of Facebook Ads, including strategy, setup, and management
- Track and report results, with a particular focus on solutions
- Research and secure opportunities for our Director + Head Writer, Alyce, and the Bossy. team
- Brainstorm and implement other creative marketing tactics and ideas
- Help and work closely with Alyce on all things marketing and growth
Email Alyce at [email protected] with:
- Your CV
- A brief explanation (love letter) of why you are a good candidate for Bossy. and what you can bring to the table
- Your answers to these questions:
- What is your greatest strength in marketing?
- What good example(s) of results have you had (preferably for a service business or a creative brand)?
- What is your expected hourly rate + availability?
Applications close February 28, 2022, but we’re looking to hire as soon as possible – if we find the right person, we’ll likely hire them before the closing date, so don’t think too long about it. Immediate start preferred. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete 3 short tasks. Although we would be happy to respond to everyone personally, unfortunately only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.