Global Report Analyzes 5 Billion Marketing Emails to Determine Patterns of Success, Reveals 24x Increase in Unique Click-Through Rate When Emails Are Dynamically Personalized
SAN FRANCISCO, June 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — MoEngagethe insight-driven customer engagement platform, today released its new report, What’s working for email in 2022: benchmarks and insights from around the world. The comprehensive report analyzes the performance of over 5 billion marketing emails sent on MoEngage’s customer engagement platform to measure the impact of AI, automation and personalization. The report measures email performance in North America, Europethe Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Indiaand South East Asia. MoEngage analysis shows a significant increase in email engagement metrics when messages are supported by dynamic personalization, email automation, and journey-based personalization.
“Broadcast or blast emails are a thing of the past. Customers are now actively seeking and responding to emails tailored to their specific customer journey, segmented by behavior, and personalized to their preferences,” said Raviteja Dodda, CEO and co-founder of MoEngage. “The findings of this report illustrate how brands need to stay on top of their game and ensure that every email they send is intelligently segmented, dynamically personalized, and deeply relevant to the customer lifecycle.”
Highlights from the MoEngage report include:
- Global analysis of data organized by region. Compare and contrast 5.3 billion emails sent between August 1, 2021and February 28, 2022in North AmericaEMEA, Indiaand South East Asia to understand how email marketing works globally.
- Industry specific engagement metrics. Get at-a-glance data on email marketing in key industry sectors such as retail, banking and financial services, media and entertainment, and lifestyle services.
- Retail brands see their unique CTR increase 24x when emails are dynamically personalized. Sending a dynamic group of products to a customer dramatically increases customer engagement – up to 24x compared to traditional emails. This type of email works well for e-commerce brands because customers prefer personalized recommendations on what to buy, discounts, and promotional offers on their favorite products.
- BFSI brands see a 13x increase in conversion rates when auto-triggered emails are sent. North American banking, financial and insurance (BFSI) brands are leading the way in improving email performance. In particular, BFSI brands are seeing greater email engagement using auto-triggered emails. This technology triggers the automatic sending of an email whenever a choice event occurs, such as a customer making an online payment or requesting a credit card statement.
- Media and entertainment brands see up to 78% increase in conversion rate when emails are tailored to the customer journey. Marketers have many touchpoints on the path to conversion, but data shows that messaging to these touchpoints needs to be tailored to the stage of the customer lifecycle. Media and entertainment customers in North America open 69 times more dynamically personalized emails than broadcast emails.
The report looks at several types of customer emails, including broadcast emails, auto-triggered emails, personalized emails, and journey-based emails. Brand marketers can compare their results to MoEngage data on email delivery rates, click-to-open rates, unique opens, conversation rates, and more. Regardless of email type or brand industry, data from MoEngage shows that generic copy delivers no value to customers, who are inundated with brand emails every day. The most successful emails are deeply personalized, segmented for the right audience, and sent at the right time in the customer journey.
To downloadd ento see a copy of the MoEngage report, What’s Working for Email in 2022: Benchmarks and Insights from Around the World, click here.
MoEngage is an insight-driven customer engagement platform trusted by over 1,200 global consumer brands like Ally Financial, McAfee, Flipkart, Domino’s, Nestle, Deutsche Telekom, Travelodge, and more. MoEngage gives marketers and product owners insights into customer behavior and the ability to act on that insight to engage customers across web, mobile, email, social and messaging channels. Consumer brands in 35 countries use MoEngage to power the digital experiences of over 1 billion customers every month. With offices in ten countries, MoEngage is backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management, B Capital, Steadview Capital, Multiples Private Equity, Eight Roads, F-Prime Capital, Matrix Partners, Venturelast and Helion Ventures.
To learn more, visit www.moengage.com.