Locker Room is the mobile application developed by Betty Labs, a studio acquired by Spotify a few months ago. Originally, Locker Room was an invite-only social platform dedicated to sports fans only, but after being purchased by Spotify, the app’s goals were broadened to accommodate music lovers as well. Most importantly, the app has been renamed Greenroom and released in over 135 markets around the world. The new app is now available in its new form on Android and iOS devices, and here are some of the new features added after the acquisition of Spotify:
- New branding of the application (aka Greenroom) and new general appearance
- The possibility for any user to host or participate in live rooms
- A way to join Greenroom using your Spotify login details
- A new onboarding experience that puts user interests at the forefront
- Recording capabilities so you can complement your on-demand content with live conversations
- Chat controls to ensure the best possible experience
According to Spotify, other programs on the platform covering topics related to music, culture and entertainment will be added to the app in addition to sports content for which the previous Locker Room app was known.
In its current state, Greenroom is intended to optimize interactivity and deep connections between participants in concert halls, as well as make it easier for artists to stay in touch with their fans.